Anyone else intrigued by protein packed foods that are not based on animals?
Makes: 2 1/2 cups
- 2 15 1/2-oz BP
A-free cans chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Spread chickpeas on several layers of paper towel and let dry for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a medium bowl, combine oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Add cheese and stir until crumbly and oil is absorbed. Add chickpeas and toss to coat.
- Spread on a baking sheet and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until golden and crispy.
Nutrients per serving (1/4 cup Garlic Parmesan Roasted Chickpeas): Calories: 118, Total Fat: 3 g, Sat. Fat: 1 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g, Carbs: 15 g, Fiber: 3 g, Sugars: 1 g, Protein: 6 g, Sodium: 202 mg, Cholesterol: 4 mg
By Brenda Bennett